3 – North Central Trail

(Benson, McHenry, Pierce, Ramsey and Towner Counties)

btn2_pdfmap btn2_gpx btn2_kml

NorthCentral_11x17Snow Conditions:
Updated: February 23, 2017
Amount of Snow:  16-20 inches
Recent Snowfall:  0 inches
Snow Depth:  3-8 inches
Current Weather for Leeds

Trail Condition:  Some trails have been closed due to the warm temps. Hilltops are bare. Trails are in fair spring condition.


Rush Lake Trail:  Open – Not recently groomed
Red Lake Trail: Open – Not recently groomed
Gun Lake Trail: Open – Not recently groomed
Sand Slough Trail: Open – Not recently Groomed
Sand Lake Trail: Closed
Jordan Lake Trail: Closed
Midway Lake Trail: Closed
NC Trail 1:  Closed due to lack of snow
NC Trail 2: Closed due to lack of snow
NC Trail 3: Closed due to lack of snow

Trail Conditions Phone Hotline:

Select Option 1 for the Latest Snowmobile Trail Conditions
Communities: (Click Here for Accommodations)
Penn, Churchs Ferry, Cando, Bisbee, Wolford, Towner, Leeds, Rugby and Balta

Total Trail Miles:

214.4 Miles

Connecting Trails:

Lake Region Trail and Sno-Trails Trail


The riding is 80% cross country with the other 20% ditch riding.  The trail gives the rider a great cross section of terrain that North Dakota has to offer.


Jared Gefroh – Leeds Loop

Rick Bruggemann – Rugby Loop


Northern Exposure Snowmobile Club
9747 54th Ave NE
Perth, ND 58363

Northern Lights Snowmobile Club
PO Box 191
Rugby, ND 58368